Sunday, October 14, 2007

Safe calls

Before saying why I am making this post I am going to give the overview of what a safe call is.
A safe call is setting up a designated time (or times) in which the submissive or dominant calls a friend to let them know that everything with the meeting is going well. Some have a keyword that if spoken, means DANGER get me out of here! or something is wrong.
A safe call, can be a deterrent to an untrustworthy person and keep them from doing something wrong since the likelihood of them getting caught is greatly increased. Each person knows that someone is waiting on a phone call from the sub or dom and if that call is not received, rescue actions will be taken.
When setting up a safe call you need to be sure the person you will be calling will provide help if needed. You must provide your safe call with all the information you have on the person you are meeting, name, place you are meeting, times. Your safe call should also live in the same general area of where you will be meeting this person.

Why am I writing this post? This one is punishment for missing a safe call with Teacher two weeks ago. I met up with someone I had been talking to online in person and was suppose to call teacher at a set time to let him know all was fine but I got distracted and lost track of the time which caused him to worry about me and have to go out of his way to call me and make sure I was okay. Its not fair of me to have made him worry like that when he was doing something for my own safety or fair that he had to put himself out by calling me to make sure I was alright/ and I still feel a little guilty about it.

Within the D/s lifestyle in general their seems to be differing thoughts on safe calls. Some people see that as extremely important when playing with someone new to you while others think that they are a waste of time. The people who see them as a waste of time think this way because it will take police 24 hours to look for someone reported missing and by then anything could have happened as well as the fact that sometimes either the person who the safe call is too wants to go out or that the person who it is from is so caught up in a scene that they lose track of the time. I do think they are important when meeting someone new as at least if anything happens to you there is someone who can come looking for you before the police will bother.

No comments: